Business news without the bullshit
The Gold Confiscation Myth
No gold was confiscated in 1933
Subscribe to RealEconTV
Your e-mail address is kept absolutely private
We make it easy to unsubscribe at any time
What really happened
It was a scam.
Here's what actually happened:
1. FDR signed a paper.
3. The news media created hysterical fear and Americans VOLUNTARILY gave up their gold to the Treasury.
3. Chase screwed one of its customers (surprise, surprise!) by turning over his gold against his will.
4. The Feds tried to prosecute the customer - and failed - but the Feds kept the gold.
Morals of the story:
1. Don't give banks control over your assets.
2. Any coin dealer that uses the "truth" of gold confiscation as a reason to sell you high priced gold coins because they can't be confiscated "like back in 1933" is either an idiot or a scam artist - or both.
The content on this site is provided without any warranty, express or implied. All opinions expressed on this site are those of the author and may contain errors or omissions.
NO MATERIAL HERE CONSTITUTES "INVESTMENT ADVICE" NOR IS IT A RECOMMENDATION TO BUY OR SELL ANY FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO STOCKS, OPTIONS, BONDS OR FUTURES.
The author may have a position in any company or security mentioned herein. Actions you undertake as a consequence of any analysis, opinion or advertisement on this site are your sole responsibility.